Message from Secretary & Superintendent: Daniel Breen
COVID All Schools
We have had a few reports of COVID in our communities this year. While we are definitely in the “live with it” stage, we still need to have a consistent approach. This is the same as it was in the fall of 2022. Here it is:
- Ventilation and handwashing are allies in fighting the spread of illness, including COVID.
- Ask parents to report any positive student COVID tests to the school.
- Students or staff that test positive for COVID will need to isolate at home for five days. The first day of a positive test or COVID symptom is considered day zero. Symptoms must be resolved before returning to school.
- Masks are not required at any time.
- When you have information that someone in the building has COVID and are sure that others have been close to that person for a significant period of time, let the potentially impacted people know.