Degrees and Certifications:
BS Special EducationMEd Special Education/Learning DisabilitiesMS Reading
Ms. Patti Martin
Welcome back to school! My name is Ms. Patti Martin, and I'm excited to be starting my second year at Saint Theresa School as the elementary learning support teacher. Any student that is in the learning support program has gone through the SST (Student support team) process. If the team decides a student is in need of learning support language Arts and/or math, a learning plan will be developed. The student, then, comes to me for those classes. Their regular class teachers are also given a copy of the plan.
A little about Ms. Martin:
* I am certified as both a special education teacher and a reading specialist.
* I'm an adjunct professor at Wilson College and teach prospective special education teachers how to teach reading and writing to students who need learning support.
* I grew up in the Mechanicsburg area, but have lived in Tennessee, Georgia, Germany, and Massachusetts. I prefer being in central PA where I'm close to my family.
* I have 3 adult children-all men (that includes twins). I also have 1 grandson who is my pride and joy!
* My faith is very important to me. I'm a member of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Church in Mechanicsburg. I'm an Extraordinary Eucharistic Minister there, and I'll be co-leading a bible study on Monday nights starting in October.
If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to email or call me.